For Our Planet and Our Communities.
We are focused on Three Strategic Sustainability Pillars:
Promoting healthier diets by:
- Providing a better nutritional experience through healthier and simpler recipes
- Increasing the presence of wholegrain and other plant-based wholesome ingredients
- Empowering our customers to make better choices through clear and transparent information.
BAKED FOR YOU
We provide a better nutritional experience through healthier and simpler recipes.
- We use healthy, simple recipes that deliver positive nutrition with every bite.
- We enrich our food with plant-powered nutrients and whole grains, so that consumers everywhere can enjoy healthier and more sustainable diets.
- All Bimbo QSR bakeries comply with Food Safety Certifications ensuring the freshest and highest quality products every time.
Protecting and preserving our planet by:
- Maximizing carbon reduction, energy efficiency, renewable energy, and carbon sequestration models
- Promoting circularity and reducing waste along our value chain through sustainable packaging, efficient operations, and food waste reduction.
- Enriching soils, capturing carbon and building resilient ecosystems through regenerative agriculture practices.
Net Zero Carbon Emissions:
We’re working hard to get to net zero carbon emissions by 2050.
- In the USA, 100% of our electricity comes from renewable sources, followed by our EMEA bakeries, where 91% of our electricity is from renewable sources.
- We will transition four bakeries in Italy and France to natural refrigerants by 2025.
Towards Zero Waste:
We're making sure our packaging is sustainable and working towards zero waste.
- 86% of our waste is recycled.
- State-of-the-art Wastewater Treatment technology built into our bakeries in China, Italy, Turkey, Brazil and Ukraine to regulate water conditions.
- Sustainable cleaning technologies deployed throughout EMEA to reduce water consumption, such as dry or steam cleaning.
- 63% of our packaging is recyclable in EMEA and we are on target to reach 100% by 2025.
- In 2022, we will reduce our water intensity by 10%.
We're empowering our farmers and suppliers to create more resilient and regenerative agriculture systems.
- Two pilot projects in BQ France address the development of agroforestry and the implementation of regenerative agricultural practices.
- In 2021, our Asia region, which includes China and South Korea, reached 100% Forest Stewardship Council (FSC)/Recycled paper and carboard sourcing.
- 100% Roundtable for Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO) certified.
- Environmental standards: All EMEA bakeries will be ISO 14001 Environmental Management System certified by 2025.
Improving the lives of our people and strengthening our communities by:
- Enriching the communities where we live and work, supporting our business partners, and making a positive difference.
- Creating safe, healthy, diverse, equitable and inclusive workplaces that foster a culture of personal and professional development for all associates.
We're focused on enriching the communities where we live and work. We aim to give back and have a positive impact in the areas where we do business.
- In 2022, we launched six Good Neighbor projects at our bakeries. The Good Neighbor Program is dedicated to supporting local organizations in their efforts to combat food insecurity, improve community wellbeing and enrich the environment.
- 9 bakeries participated in local neighborhood clean-up activities as part of our 2022 Sustainability Month.
Caring for our People:
We're creating a workplace where all Bimbo QSR associates feel valued, respected, and find opportunities to develop their potential and their work.
- We have corporate policies related to Human Rights and Diversity, Equity and Belonging.
- Kick started our BQ Women’s Network for all associates and hosted Women Leadership Circles throughout the United States, Asia and EMEA.
- Launched our first Diversity, Equity and Belonging Seminar in South Africa with more to follow.
- Implemented the Grupo Bimbo Safety Model across the United States, Asia and EMEA.
- Recognized and educated associates on the many holidays and observations celebrated by our global teams.
We are creating a business where people from different origins, geographies and experiences can develop and contribute to the transformation of our company, the baking industry and the communities that we live and work in.
Grupo Bimbo has been recognized for the seventh consecutive year as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies. This recognition by The Ethisphere Institute honors companies that drive a positive change and influence good corporate practices.
Our culture is built on more than 75 years of strong beliefs that guide our behaviors and actions. We embrace Our Beliefs and bring them to life every day.